Monday, March 29, 2010


I have been thinking of how I can be with Jesus this Sunday, how to identify with the cross this Easter.

While all of the celebrations, acknowledgements, and festivities surrounding Easter are not surrounding me I still have stumbled upon a fresh perspective of the cross.
A fresh perspective among a people who closely identify with Christ on the cross.

My mind wanders to the garden, to see Jesus kneeling and bleeding underneath the stress of his burden.
He says, “Come kneel beside me”. Come sit under this olive tree. Come keep watch.

Do you see my grief?
Do you see who is on my mind?
Do you see the children I am weeping for?
Do you see what I am giving up?

You are with me. Your heart hurts for my children. You are grieved.
You have come to the garden with me.
You kneel and weep with me over my children and all that they have lost.
You are with me because you hurt for them.
You can identify with me because you ache.

We pray for His Zambian babies.

“My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. They are not of the world, even as I am not of it” John 17:15-16

Join us.
Come to the garden and kneel.
Come to the garden and grieve.
Come to the garden and receive the Father’s heart for His children.

No comments:

Post a Comment