Saturday, April 10, 2010

Easter


One child occupies my every thought.
Every moment of my rest, vacation, working hours, time with Zambians, time with Americans, conversations, prayers. She consumes them all.


Shantel was a heavy burden on my heart during our trip to Livingstone, occupying every moment and every thought. The Lord told me he wanted her in church with us on Easter morning. I told Sophie and we tried to find a way. There was no opportunity for us to get to her, there was no way her stepmother would allow her to come with us. I gave up.

Easter morning dawned and a little surprise was at our gate, Shantel. Her church was locked and she came to our house. Shantel, right there at our doorstep, where He continually brings her. It was right.

Shantel worshipped with me on Easter morning while tears poured down my face. Her little hand in mine, we raised them together. We sang:


“Then sings my soul,
My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art!
How great Thou art!
Then sings my soul,
My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art!
How great Thou art!"


Shantel accepted Jesus this Easter. Shantel came into the kingdom. That is why she was needed in church Easter morning.


He moved a mountain. He made a way when there was no way.
He spoke and told me His will. I couldn’t make it happen and He fought for me. I only needed to be still. I only needed to know His will so that when He made it come to pass, I would respond correctly and walk confidently in the center of it.

What if I missed it? What if I said no? What if I sent her home? What if I refused to bring her 5 year old little brother on the 4 mile walk? What if I let my fear of men tell her to go back? What if I just acted out of what I thought was best, and missed His will?

I wish I could explain the ways the Lord speaks to me. And no, it’s not always through the word. Sometimes my spirit just knows. Sometimes the very core of my being communicates with His and without an ounce of doubt, I know what He wants of me. It was this way with Zambia. It is the same with Shantel.


And this is all that I really want anyone to remember—you know the voice of your Shepherd. Tune into it. Do not doubt it. Do not explain it away. Do not miss His will. The consequences are too great. The wealth is one too rich to miss.

2 comments:

  1. what a perfect song to be singing on easter morning. its my favorite song of all time. i wish i coulda been singing it with you and precious shantel. love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious One,
    I have seen that the greatest blessings have come from listening to that Voice-regardless
    of what others may think is the right thing to do -the greatest fulfillment and satisfaction come from actually doing what that Voice leads you to do. You are experiencing that now and that is uniquely exciting as you see how He works through all situations and through other people. Truly "all things do work together for good".
    I love you so very much! Mom

    ReplyDelete