Tuesday, June 16, 2009

words

Most of the situations that I encounter in Zambia leave me speechless. Whether it's the bus stop of an amazing woman named Esther, it's difficult to explain in a way that comes close to the experience.

So much of what's been going on lately has been about the absence of words. I never know what to say, or I can't say it in the right language. I'm typing and the power goes out. I talk to God and he tells me to listen instead.

"For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk, but of power".

I'm becoming a person of fewer and fewer words.


When it comes to my relationship with an all-knowing and all-wise God, listening is the most important aspect of communication. When it comes to visiting the orphans in their distress, words are not needed at all. Loving them like Jesus would doesn't require talking. The action is far more inmportant.

"Dear children, let us not love with words or in tongue but in actions and in truth".

For most of the time I spend in Zambia, I am a person of few words. And most of the things God is doing in this nation and for the orphans that will inherit his kingdom, just cannot be portrayed with any amount of my words. But when I write,
"My heart is stirred by a noble theme
as I recite my verses for the king
My tongue is the pen of a skillful writer" Ps 45:1

God gives words when I need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment