Wednesday, June 10, 2009

rich or poor

I have been really surprised to find out that people are actually READING this blog.
Thank you! I’m overwhelmed!

So, I’m just going to write as much as I can. Even if not much is going on here (because SOMETHING is always going on), I want to share with everyone what God is doing in my life and teaching me. I wish all of you could be here and learn with me and see these stories with your own eyes…maybe one day. But until then, I’ll do my best to relay the info!

For the past couple of days we have been in Chongwe Village training Zambian teachers to work with kids and Americans. That’s that.


The ironic part of this ministry is that it does drain me physically, emotionally, and spiritually, but as I give of myself, the people I came to minister to are ministering to me. I’m pouring out of my physical blessings and they are pouring into me out of their spiritual wealth.

Instead of this service depleting me, it somehow fills me up and gives me the deepest satisfaction I’ve known. Ministry is tough. Service is tiring. And somehow Zambia doesn’t drain me.

I’ve realized that our Father has designed it this way. The poor are spiritually rich. I am physically rich. They have nothing to offer me materially but they are so wealthy in spirit that they give back to me in ways that last eternally. I can afford to buy Maheu for a child to nourish them for a moment. In return, I receive gifts that are lasting. The needs of both are filled. What a special and intimate blessing the Shepherd has set aside for his sheep.

“Listen, my dear brothers: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised to those who love him?”

James 2:5

“At the present time your plenty will supply what they need, so that in turn their plenty will supply what you need”.

2 Corinthians 8:14

No comments:

Post a Comment