Friday, June 5, 2009

ba les a baweme...

God has been speaking to me in constant revelation since I’ve been in Zambia. Today I realized that a lot of what God has revealed to me about my life has been in Zambia. Which is amazing, but it makes me wonder what makes it different here and why does my heart long to be here with his children when I’m at home.

I’ve just learned over the past few days that God speaks to me most when I am in His will and doing what pleases him. And Zambia is that place for me. It’s right where God wants me.

So I went to bed last night and woke up this morning with the prayer that God would give me a revelation of specifically what part of orphan ministry he has in mind for me while I’m here. At least for this summer. And honestly, just because He is God and because he has my almost undivided attention in Africa, I actually heard what he had to say:

Mary Leslie,

You are a teacher.

Share the gospel with the fatherless.

Share with them what I have done as your Father.


Best of all, I’ve been reading 2 Corinthians since I got here and God gave me his theme for this trip:

“But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him.” 2:14


PS Our power has been on all day! So I showered. For the first time in five days. That’s a good thing.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankful the Lord is providing for you...You are in my prayers..you and those you come into contact with....Love you and the <3 God gave you for His children...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ever so blessed to be here with you :)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete