Saturday, January 23, 2010

freedom

I run in the path of your commands,
For you have set my heart free.

There is much freedom here in Zambia.
The Zambians teach me about this freedom that they have.
Rather than a sacrifice or a loss, I have seen a gain.

Freedom.

Freedom from image.
Free to get dirty.
Free to turn in early.
Free to wake up at 6 am just to be, not to be somewhere.
Free to nap.
Free to have a face kissed by the sun, no other color.
Free to be fat :)
Free time.
Free to be barefoot.
Free to let my laundry dry in the sunshine.
Free to write.
Free to love.
Free to teach.
Free to be taught.
Free to know the truth.
Free to seek the truth.
Free to be changed.
Free to be refreshed.
Free to walk through open doors.

In Christ's freedom there is also quality of life, enriched by his word. That increase in quality of life is the freedom he has shown me today.

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by the yoke of slavery. Galatians 5:1

No comments:

Post a Comment