Saturday, June 27, 2009

abba

My favorite aspect of God’s identity is his role as Father. If you know me at all, then you can probably guess the reason for that. It’s my favorite because it is the name that he has revealed to me in the greatest depth and with the most intimacy. I will never know him better by any other name.

Abba- just the word, that holds all my identity and the only fatherhood I’ve ever known. That word comes to my lips and a longing, aching, satisfaction, comfort, joy, and desire fill my chest.

And as I am here and he sits in his holy dwelling, I am seeing him for just who he is: a father to the fatherless, defender of widows. Almost daily I wonder how much joy it brings him to see these orphans being loved, being touched, calling Him father. I hear them sing and think, Daddy how sweet is this fragrance that is rising up to heaven? How precious are these voices that you hear? They are at the center of his heart. They will inherit his kingdom. It is the greatest honor I will ever know to be here with them, to be among these sons and daughters of the King.

No comments:

Post a Comment